|Maximum capacity of the purification||Size of the module
(L х W х H)
|Volume of the module||PE of the module||Pound||Kilogram|
|MicroFAST® 0.5||500 GPD (1800 LPD)||1 to 8||59” (150 cm) x 30” (76 cm) x 56” (130 cm)||165 lbs||75 kg|
|MicroFAST®0.625||625 GPD (2300 LPD)||1 to 10||60” (152 cm) x 43” (109 cm) x 55” (130 cm)||185 lbs||84 kg|
|MicroFAST®0.75||750 GPD (2800LPD)||1 to 11||60” (152 cm) x 43” (109 cm) x 55” (130 cm)||200 lbs||91 kg|
|MicroFAST®0.9||900 GPD (3400LPD)||1 to 14||59” (150 cm) x 48” (122 cm) x 57” (145 cm)||215 lbs||98 kg|
|MicroFAST®1.5||1500 GPD (5600LPD)||6 to 21||82” (208 cm) x 55” (140 cm) x 58” (147 cm)||456 lbs||207 kg|
|MicroFAST®3.0||3000 GPD (11350 LPD)||10 to 42||71” (180 cm) x 59” (150 cm) x 81” (206 cm)||725 lbs||329 kg|
|MicroFAST®4.5||45000 GPD (17000 LPD)||18 to 63||145” (368 cm) x 73” (185 cm) x 51” (130 cm)||1600 lbs||726 kg|
|MicroFAST®9.0||9000 GPD (34050 LPD)||30 to 126||145” (368 cm) x 73” (185 cm) x 76” (193 cm)||2300 lbs||1044 kg|
The technology of Bio-Microbics systems is based on the process called FAST – Fixed Active Sediment Cleansing
FAST systems eliminate many of the problems associated with conventional systems. They use membranes in the tank on which the microorganisms develop. These membranes provide a large working surface in relation to the volume. This surface reaches up to 240 m2/m3 area. The membranes are completely submerged in the liquid. Air diffusers provide circulation of wastewater through the membranes themselves and oxidation of the liquid. Bacteria, unlike conventional sludge systems, develop on the membranes until the liquid circulates through them without dissolved solids. In the process of action the bacteria develop and spread on the membrane. The life of the bacteria is usually 40 to 100 days depending on the load. The effective concentration levels are in the range of 4000 to 8000 mg / l. The concentration of the bacteria is depending on the concentration of the waste which makes the system self-regulating.
The membranes that are used are designed to provide their self-cleaning. The flow through them completely eliminates the need of maintaining the membrane.
There are several major advantages of the FAST system:
- The system handles peak and toxic waste water. Conceptually what appears in the system is a bit different than conventional systems. Unlike these systems with FAST technology bacteria grow on the membrane and the liquid circulates through them. The result is aerobic and anaerobic bacteria attached to the membrane. In the case of peak or toxic waste only aerobic microbes on the surface will perish. Once brought to the surface the lower layers of microbes are quickly converted into aerobic and decompose the organic waste.
- Membranes are submerged all the time. There is very close contact between organisms and biomass because the membranes are submerged all the time and this increase the processing speed. (For example with the Rotary Biological Contractor only part of the membranes are submerged, therefore, only part of the biomass comes into contact with the microorganisms in the waste water which leads to lower efficiency).
- There are no moving parts that require maintenance. Again in comparison with the Rotary Biological Contractor we will see that FAST systems here also have an advantage. The Rotary Biological Contractor process consists of a series of closely spaced rotating discs mounted on a horizontal shaft resulting in several types of work-related problems and maintenance problems. In the FAST system the membrane and the oxygen supply tube are stationary. The only mobile part of the system is the waste water spill.
- The system saves space due to its unique design and its biological load characteristics. The FAST systems consist of a container packaged with a membrane that provides a large surface area relative to the volume. As the biomass is attached to the membrane instead of the vessel in which it is located (as is the case with conventional sludge systems) the sizing criteria is in kg BOD/cm of membrane instead of kg BOD/cm of aeration volume. The result is a less need of aeration volume so the construction is in smaller vessels.
- The system holds the sludge for 40 to 100 days allowing its stability over a long period of time. In conventional sludge systems both food-to-mass ratios and retention time of the solid particles are controlled by the organisms in the wastewater. They are interconnected. The high Food-To-Mass ratio corresponds to a short retention time of the solids and the low Food-To-Mass ratio corresponds to a long retention time of the solids. A typical value for the solids retention time for conventional systems with activated sludge is 30 days. Moreover, a long period of solids retention means a larger and more expensive aeration container. It also means a greater need for oxygen and therefore greater electricity consumption. Problems with insufficient sedimentation may occur in the cleaner if the retention time of the solid particles is too long. Due to the independence of FAST systems it is possible to achieve a longer life of the bacteria for purification. With surface aerobes increasing and increasing of their thickness the binding strength of the bacteria is weakened and the surface layer is breaking off. The anaerobic impact of microbes results in a continuous reduction of the mass and reduction of excess sludge without larger and more expensive aeration containers.
- No control is required for this type of system. While in conventional activated sludge systems the assumption of large intake water differences has to be controlled, FAST systems do not need this control for the reasons outlined above. Using the Rotary Biological Contractor the adjustment of the revolutions per minute of the shaft is a way of control to increase the efficiency of the purification. In the FAST systems fixed biomass is a controlling and self-regulating factor.
Reliable, available… FAST
MicroFAST® systems for purification of water are suitable for dwellings with one family, group of houses or small communities. The MicroFAST modules can be also used for improving other stations, providing the small communities with innovative and available choice as opposed to centralized systems for purification of water.
Established, safe, reliable
The true beauty of those remarkable systems is how good they work
FAST® is a remarkable simple technology based on nature and simple scientific principles. The FAST (Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment) process use unique hybrid combination of applied and suspended process of growth in aerobic bioreactor. This established IFAS (Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge) combination include the stability of completely submerged, fixed system and the effectiveness of the active sludge purification, making the innovative, original FAST system technologically advanced and incredibly reliable. The FAST process provide ideal environment for fast growth of bacterias, providing a lot of oxygen and food and they are equally distributed to all bacterias at the surface of the equipment.
Reduction of nitrogen
The projects for nitrification and denitrification are much easier with the FAST technology. Many biological, bio-chemical, chemical and physical processes take place simultaneously in the system for purifying waste water FAST. MicroFAST purification systems have proven to reduce nitrogen levels – including nitrates and other nitrogen species – at exceptionally high rates.
How it works?
1. MicroFAST systems for purification of waste water process the polluted water from one-family house, group of houses, small communities or part of the polluted water in other urban stations.
2. The natural separation and settling processes occur prior to entering the treatment module MicroFAST.
3. Mounted at a distance and above the ground compressor, the only moving part of the system, set air (oxygen) in the treatment module to facilitate the circulation of the polluted water through the channels of the installation.
4. FAST fixed system provides high exchange coefficient between the surface and volume to achieve exceptional growth of microbes in small, medium and large use of the system.
5. Clean, odorless, purified water is ready for standard or innovative use.
Materials of construction: Made with 100% anti-corrosion materials and contain recycled materials.
FAST® Installation: FAST systems are mounted inside tanks above or below ground. The containers can be made of concrete, fiberglass, steel or plastics materials. Please read the product characteristics for tank recommendations. Always check local regulations before installing or altering a wastewater system. Contact us for more information about the container that suits you.
Capacity: FAST are manufactured in several convenient, affordable sizes and configurations. Please contact us for more information about the FAST system that is suitable for you.
Options: Check your local regulations. Extremely high level of purification may allow a reduction of locations for drainage and using the treated water for irrigation or other use.
Power requirements: The electrical components are made according to all world’s electrical characteristics (voltage / phase / frequency).
Maintenance Requirements: Once installed the FAST systems are used with almost no maintenance. The only moving part in the system is the compressor which is mounted on no more than 33 meters from the unit. It is recommended periodic review of electrical components. Residues should be removed when possible.